Hello everyone,
      It is wet and windy here today but each day brings new growth to the garden and more and more blossoms. I have been busy getting garden clean up done and  a few little projects so I missed posting for a couple of days.



We have several different varieties of Daffodils coming into  bloom now. I am also enjoying watching all the birds in the garden. The Goldfinch in the centre is so pretty with his yellow spring coat.
It is so good to see the garden centers well stocked again for the season.I will have to get in to see what is new this year.
Now to show you my little project for this wet rainy day. I finally found a new white  umbrella and I had a thrift shop bedskirt that was trimmed in crochet lace-so I cut it off and sewed it onto the umbrella edge.


I have always loved umbrellas with the lace edging but have only seen them in pictures so now I have my own romantic lacy umbrella. I still have a little work to do on it as the pole etc. needs to be painted white I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of this umbrella over the summer in several settings! Now as,you can see the garden is just starting to grow but soon it will be filled in with lots of color. We are actually a little ahead of last year.


Our Stellata magnolia is in full bloom and has such a sweet gentle fragrance.

.
I picked a bouquet for you!

Sorry,for the empty post earlier today-The change in blogger has me confused and I thought I was just enlarging some photos on an old post and reposting but I accidently posted an empty post instead.

I am joining My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday , The Rose Garden in Malevk for Show off Saturday and Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage.

I am also joining Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Carolyn


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top