Hello everyone,
        How are you all doing? I haven't been around here for awhile as I spent an unexpected week in the hospital and just got home last evening. I am feeling good as new now and am so happy to be back home!
Today,I want to share with you a little information about  Novica a company that features artisans from Third World countries that sent me this beautiful hammock to review on my blog.I have always loved these hammocks with the lacy trim and was happy to learn that though Novica  these talented artisans can earn a living. They do not just make hammocks but clothing,jewelry and things for the home too so I hope you will take a few minutes and check them out.

Soft cotton threads are patiently hand-woven into a spacious hammock. Utilizing ancestral techniques, skilled artisans create this beautiful work and adorn its edges with long fringe, crocheted and knotted by hand. From Maya Artists of the Yucatan, its twin stretchers are carved from pinewood.  
Now as you can see from the photos the hammock is lovely but the weather is not yet conducive to lounging in a hammock just yet- but I am really looking forward to be lulled to sleep cocooned in my soft and comfy hammock under the stars on warm summer nights! You might also want to check out these links from Novica -Pendant Bracelets
Onyx Dangle Earrings
Silk Shawls from India
Blue Scarfs
Alpaca Wool Gloves
Turtleneck Sweaters


Thank you to those of you who sent emails expressing concern over my absence. In a couple of days I should be back into the swing of things.

Have a lovely weekend,

Carolyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top