Hello everyone,
      Hope you had a lovely weekend. Winter has really hit here in the last couple of days-it is COLD out there! So,it is a good day to enjoy a hot cup of tea.

I am in a pink mood today.
A cup for you and one for me!

I am showing the bottom of the teacup for you Jan as I couldn't get into your profile and I am not sure if you saw the reply on my blog.
Still loving my tulips!
I had to share this find with you -six handmade crochet valences ,all for six dollars at a new thrift store in town.




Someone also asked for the recipe for these sugar cookies:

2/3 cup of shortening or lard
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg
4 teaspoons of milk

2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Cream the first two ingredients & then beat in vanilla , egg, &milk.
whisk the dry ingredients together , add to the shortening  or lard mix,
beat until well mixed. Chill for 1 hour. Roll & cut with your favorite cookie cutter.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Enjoy!






Thank you so much for all the lovely comments lately-I am sorry I am slow getting back to you but I do appreciate your taking the time to visit and all your kind words.

I am joining once again for Teatime Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage where there are lots of other teas for you to enjoy. Thank you Sandi for hosting this lovely party for the past year.

Take care,
Carolyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top