Hello everyone,
  I hope you all had a lovely weekend. We enjoyed our first spring like weather the last few days and it is so nice hear the sound of water dripping of the roof etc. Many roofs had to be shoveled off this year as there was so much snow on them the weight was too much. The melting snow has been going into the ground as there is no frost so that is a good thing! 
   I am joining Cielo today for Show off  your Cottage Monday and Susan at Between Naps on the Porch so I am sharing a few photos of our hallway today. For those of you who don't know our house is about one hundred years old and the hardwood floors and woodwork are original to the house.


A few days ago I changed the dishes in here to my pretty cream ones -Crown Ducal Florentine from England.



My husband gave me the teapot for my birthday a few years ago and it blends in perfectly.

If you would like to see more of these vintage dishes please click here.
These were the dishes that were up before-although of course I had removed the Christmas touches weeks ago.
These look more like spring-don't you think. My mother-in law had a few of these pieces which I always loved so I was excited to find these last year for $40. 

For more cottage show offs be sure to visit Cielo at the house in the roses.

I am also joining Susan for Metamorphis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch where there is also lots to see.
.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Carolyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top